Sunday, August 23, 2009

Theater in a Shop Window

Ladies and gents, mark your calendars. Humanitas Kretzulescu is hosting a monthly theater sketch right in their shop window. I love the idea of bringing theater not only to the streets, but to this limbo space which lies between the commercial and the literate (it is a bookstore after all), and between the private and the public. The series started in July and so far there was a sketch by Milan Kundera and one by Dino Buzzati.

I missed them both, because I only found out about this after the last performance. But I cannot wait to go to the one in September. I'm not even going for the performance itself, but rather to watch the public, who apparently can watch the performance both from inside the bookstore and from the street. It's what I was saying earlier about the private (property, performance) and the public. I shall certainly write up my thoughts afterward.

The event normally takes place between the 13th and the 15th, but make sure you double check closer to the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment