Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Khadijah's Story is Why I Can't Hate the US

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-harvard20-2009jun20,0,1882109.story

I don't think I will shock anyone if I say that there's a lot wrong with the US. But a country where a young girl like Khadijah is offered the opportunity to study at the same university as the president of the country deserves an accolade. A country that educates a homeless girl to HOPE for the better and PURSUE a different life deserves an accolade. It is true that Khadijah is unfortunately and exception among the many homeless people that never make it out of that environment. But the mere fact that she strived to get out and was allowed to and, furthermore, helped to get out is an amazing accomplishment.

Good job, Harvard! You got my respect for this one. You still suck, though, that'll never change hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment